To make an appointment, go to cornell.mywconline.com and select "ELSO F23 Writing & Presenting" from the top drop down menu. Most appointments are online (i.e., synchronous) or eTutoring (i.e., asynchronous). A few can be made face-to-face. Strategies for having a great tutoring session can be found here.
During a writing or presentation tutoring session, our tutors may help you to:
- get started with writing projects and presentations
- revise drafts for structure and organization
- identify and discuss issues related to grammar, word choice, syntax, and expression
- gain insight into linguistic, stylistic, and rhetorical conventions of writing and presentations in US academic settings
- interpret results from Turn It In (available on the ELSO Canvas site) and learn strategies for effectively paraphrasing and summarizing
Tutors will work with you on any kind of writing: class assignment, research paper, email, job application materials, blogs, etc. They can also help you with any kind of presentation: class presentation, journal club presentation, conference paper, poster presentation, job talk, etc. And whether you are working on a writing project or presentation, you may come at any point in the process: from brainstorming to finalizing.
You may request a single appointment to work on a particular paper or presentation, or a series of appointments to keep you moving forward with a larger project.
This program is coordinated by Dr. Nathan Lindberg. (email Dr. Lindberg).