The faculty and staff of the English Language Support Office (ELSO) warmly welcome new multilingual graduate and professional students and welcome back returning students.
To assist new students in learning more about ELSO, the ELSO faculty are holding a series of ELSO Info Sessions before the semester starts. These are timed to allow new students to learn about ELSO courses in time to register during the add period, which opens Monday, August 15.
ELSO Info Session Schedule:
- Friday, August 12, 4:00-5:00 pm EST
- Tuesday, August 16, 9:00-10:00 am EST
- Friday, August 19, 2:00-3:00 pm EST
During these online sessions, ELSO faculty will provide a brief overview of ELSO courses, workshop series, tutoring programs, and conversational English support program, leaving plenty of time for questions and answers. The Zoom link will be distributed over the ELSO listserv.
Students may also meet and talk to ELSO faculty during two events in September:
- ELSO will join the Graduate School Resource Fair, which will be held in Barton Hall on September 12, from 1:00-5:00 pm.
- ELSO will host a social event, "Welcome Back from ELSO" later in September (date TBD). At this event, new and returning students can enjoy light refreshments, meet new people, and play games. Keep an eye on the ELSO listserv for announcements.
We look forward to seeing you at these events, in our courses, in our workshops, and as participants in other ELSO programs.